Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day Mommy.... and to all the other special Moms in the World!

My Mom and nephew
Being a mom is possibly the most important job.   The true homage of your hard work can be seen in what your kids grow up to be.  It’s with much love and adoration I am thankful for my mom.  I have grown up into the woman I am today – believing anything is possible and truly that the sky is the limit because of my mom and dad.  On this special day, of all days I want to say thank you to you, Mom.  I wouldn’t have made it this far in life without you.  Not a day goes by, no matter where I am in the world, that I do not apply one of the sentiments you’ve said to me over the years.  Such as:

On growing tall when I was 14 years old (exceeding family members and friends in height)“Stand tall and be proud of your height!” (And certainly today not only do I stand tall I will even add some extra inches with heels)

On Education - “Knowledge is a powerful thing.  The more you know the further you can go and no one can take that away from you.  The sky is the limit.” (Boy, do I value education!!!)

On mistakes - Those who don’t want to hear must feel -- listen to warnings ahead of time or you’ll surely feel it (Yep, I’ve experienced this enough time, and now find myself quoting my mom on this statement)

On health "Take care of your body it’s the only one you have.  Exercise and eat right!" (I’ll take this to the grave.  My Mom is an example of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.)

On life - "You can do anything you put your mind to!"  (This could be my religion)



I can always count on you Mom for a good laugh, sage advice and support.  You are my number 1 fan!   And I am yours!

Love you Mom!!!!   And to all the Mom’s in the world thank you!  Your work has not gone unnoticed.

Happy Mother’s Day!
LOTS OF LOVE, Nicole

No comments: